Brian Atkins – Director Construction Services
Brian is the Director of Construction Services for Elevation Technical, currently operating out of the Kelowna office. He brings over 42 years of project management and construction management experience. In many capacities, he can develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, including executive and elected officials.
Having held several positions at notable organizations such as Hall Constructors, R.F. Binnie, Stantec, and the Ministry of Transportation, Brian has a 360-degree view of the private and public sectors. As the General Manager of the Okanagan Division at Hall Constructors, Brian led and mentored a team of 100 field and office staff to complete million-dollar construction projects. His tenure at the Ministry of Transportation as the Lower Mainland District Manager prepared him for subsequent roles as he was charged with leading the largest district in British Columbia.
“Throughout my career, I have learned that we need to care about the entire process: the work, the people, and the clients. Therefore, it is imperative to communicate the picture to the group and get everyone to work together as one.”
Brian provides overall construction management – overseeing the team and works. He also assists with developing work plans, ensuring requests by the client are responded to appropriately, and adhering to the set processes. He is responsible to the client for the sufficiency and accuracy of all Project Supervision Services provided by the Consultant, including performing Contract Construction Manager duties while liaising with the client Managers. The Construction Management team has expertise in Road Construction, Paving, Bridge Construction and Operations and Maintenance.
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Project H3 Elko Overhead Replacement and Approaches | Elko, British Columbia | 2021 – 2022 | Consultant Manager
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Simon Fraser Bridge rehab | Prince George British Columbia | 2021 -2022 | Consultant Manager
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Tamen Creek Culvert Replacement | Burns Lake British Columbia | 2021 -2022 | Consultant Manager
- Construction review Piling excavation Broadway Subway Project | Vancouver, British Columbia | 2021 | Construction Manager
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Radium Intersection | Radium, British Columbia | 2020 – 2021| Consultant Manager
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Kootenay Lake Ferry approaches | Belfour, British Columbia | 2021 – 2022 | Consultant Manager
- Construction ability review and pre-tender project management Dave’s Creek | Kelowna British Columbia | 2021 – 2022 | Consultant Manager
- Construction ability review Portside Bridge | Richmond British Columbia | 2020 – 2021 | Construction Manager
- Project Supervision of Major Works Contract Illecillewaet Waste Removal Project| Highway 1 Revelstoke to Golden, British Columbia | 2021 | Consultant Manager
- Construction ability review and pre-tender project management Roshard Slide |Lillooet British Columbia | 2021 | Consultant Manager
- General Manager Civil Construction Projects | Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada | 2016-2020 | General Manager
- Relocation of TransLink’s Handy Dart Field Facilities & Operational Functions | Burnaby, British Columbia | 2013-2015 | Senior Project Manager
- West Side Road Continuity Plan | Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure | Okanagan Falls, British Columbia, Canada | 2015 | Design Tech
- Land and Highway Development | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | 2010-2014 | District Manager
- Construction supervision of emergency works on Rock Slide and Road Closure at Porteau Cove | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | 2008 | District Manager
- Cheakamus to Daisy Lake, Pre-Grading | Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure | 2004 | Project Supervisor